Montreux Condominiums in Belltown
425 Vine St
Montreux Condominiums was built in Belltown in 1999 and sits on the corner of 5th Avenue and Vine Street. The east side looks out over the monorail. It is known for having mostly efficiency sized condominium homes, for its fabulous rooftop view deck and for allowing short term rentals.
To see a virtual tour of an actual unit at Montreux Condominiums, click here.
- 132 units –Studio, one and two bedrooms ranging in size from 318 square feet to 720 square feet
- Built in 1999
- 7 stories
- Only select units have parking spaces and/or storage lockers
- 4 units have sold in the last 6 months ranging in price from $230,000 to $260,000 for studio units; at the time of this post there were no pending or active units.
- HOA dues include: garbage, building maintenance, professional property manager, earthquake insurance
- Amenities: Rooftop view deck with lounge areas, tables and BBQs, gym, business center and meeting room
- The location in Belltown puts it central to Downtown, SLU and lower Queen Anne as well as both 99 and I5, and close to all of the restaurants, events, and more of Belltown itself
- If you are an investor, the building does allow short term rentals, which most condominium buildings in Seattle do not allow
- Having so many studio homes means there are many affordable options for people who are looking to buy and live in the city center
- The roof deck allows all residents a large space to BBQ and enjoy the outdoors
- All condos have in-unit washer/dryers, which you often don't find in condos of this size
- Home owner dues are low
- Most condos do not have private deck spaces
- Many units don't have parking or storage, which can be a challenge in these smaller square footage units
- Financing for investors can be challenging due to its high percentage of renter occupancy
- If you are looking for a larger square footage unit, this is not the building for you
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.