Springtime is an ideal time to get your condo ready for the market here in Seattle. Those that jumped on the market right after the holidays have been sold, and they have helped set the market for the rest of the spring and summer months. So let’s get you ready to have your condo on the market in the next 3-4 months. This series will help you make the most of your time and get you and your condo in tip top shape to maximize your potential sales price, and speed of your sale.
PHASE ONE- The Mental Preparation Phase
Even before you need to have your broker come out to meet you and see your condo, Phase One is an important process to go through as a seller of your condo to get you mentally prepared as well as free up brain space for the rest of the process coming later.
Top 5 Things To Do First (feel free to take 3-5 weeks to complete this phase, no rush)
- Size up your condo’s competition- Set up an automatic search for competition
- Rate your condo on a scale of 1-10 – Make a list of what it will take to get it to a 10
- Rent an offsite storage locker*- Trust me, just do it
- Tag your condo’s non-essential contents*- Super important if you plan to live in your condo while it’s on the market
- Fix things in your condo that are not working
(*Note: If you are planning on moving out of your condo before you sell, no problem, steps 3 & 4 will be slightly different)