Back in June of last year we reported on a new building being constructed at 2nd and Virginia, just south of Cristalla and just east of One Pacific Tower condominiums. After speaking with Continental Properties, the Developer of this new building, we have an update for you on the name, construction start time frame and use.
- First off, the building will be called Tower 12.
- As for the construction start, they indicated that construction will be begin on the project in the next few weeks.
- When I asked them whether the building would be apartments or condominiums, I was told that they are currently slated to be apartments. They did indicate that there is an option to switch the use to condominiums but as of now, it will be apartments. This decision can still change during construction and will largely depend on market conditions, both of the rental and purchase markets. This decision, according to an article by the DJC back in October, will be finalized by the end of 2015.
A recap of the building details based on the DJC article from October (though details are conflicting between the various sites reporting on the building):
- 34 stories
- 314 units
- Anticipated completion in early 2017
- Amenities: rooftop deck with barbecues, fire-pits and views of Elliott Bay, a gym with sauna and hot tub, a lounge and library on the top floor, theater, conference room, concierge, and a 6th floor outdoor deck with barbecues, a fire-pit and water feature
- Retail on the ground level
By Marco Kronen with Seattle Condo Review: A guide to Seattle downtown condos.
Photo courtesy of Continental Properties