I have been waiting to tour Madison Lofts for a while. The project seems to be taking forever. Finally, yesterday I had the chance to drop by. I keep asking myself, what am I so attracted to this building? Is it because it is the only new construction condo in Madison Park, the intrigue of modern lofts living in the already upscale residential neighborhood, or Sunday night's news about the developer reducing their price per square foot from $700 to $500/square foot? I have to say it's all of the above.
I took the tour of some of their smaller units and penthouses as well. The lowest price for their loft unit is $429,000 (#210). The rest of them range from $519,950 to $579,950 with the penthouses asking for $799,950 to $1.2M. So far, the project has sold 4 units. Here are a few things about Madison Lofts:
- Units come with either balcony or combinations of balcony and outdoor deck. The outdoor deck size ranges from ~215 to ~1,100 square feet. Penthouses come with an additional private roof top deck.
- Each unit has individual air-conditioning/heating system hooked up to a heat pump that goes all the way to the rooftop.
- The interior finishes have a very European style with clean lines. The pull-up kitchen cabinets have become more and more common in some newer condos. I prefer the traditional type since I'm don't like to reach up to open cabinet doors but I guess most people are taller and won't mind the extra effort to open the cabinets.
- The building seems really well constructed with double walls between units, corrugated metal for the loft level, commercial style metal railings for the stairway leading up to the loft level and solid brick for the exterior instead of brick veneer.
- Only two types of upgrades are available, electronic shades and custom closet system.
Overall, the airy loft living with quality modern interiors and lush greenery views from the outdoor deck provide an attractive balance for modern living with a serene surrounding. Definitely worth a trip if you are in the market for a loft home.
Saturday and Sunday, June 28th and 29th
10.00am to 6.00pm
2914 E Madison Street, Seattle, WA 98112
Model home with outdoor deck
Penthouse unit #207 with the largest outdoor deck
More pictures available at Madison Lofts website.